Friday, November 6, 2020

Celebrating Live Encounters

Congratulations to the online Journal Live Encounters which is now celebrating its eleventh year. Founded by Mark Ulyseas, it never fails to bring joy to my heart when I read the wonderful poetry there. It is further enhanced by Mark's stunning photography. A huge amount of work has gone into the present editions, featuring 130 poets and totalling 768 pages.The guest editors are Terry McDonagh and Mary McDonnell and I am so delighted to to have my poem 'All Hallows' included in it. The cover by Emma Barone celebrates the uniqueness of the journal as you will see here:
There are so many of Mark's images that deserve a wider audience. I was particularly taken by the photo of nutmeg, wrapped in its mace armour. I am producing it here by kind permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment